Wanna know what's more intense than a two-year-old?
A two-year-old with red hair and a temper to match. It's a tough age. It's hard being two and having every need met in a timely manner, having to deal with parents who always try to do what's best for you, getting to play all day and take a nap and be read to and carried around. Having parents who laugh at you when you freak out because your Rice Krispie treat is just so overwhelmingly delicious that it brings you to tears. Which is why it became obvious to me that this blog post was necessary. So I can do my best to keep a straight face in front of my toddler and then go back and laugh when I relive all the crazy moments that brought him to tears. Enjoy!
1. His all-natural peanut butter and honey sandwich is too runny, and some peanut butter got on his fingers.
2. His Rice Krispie treat wasn't completely set yet, and it started to break apart as he was eating it.
3. His big brother wanted to hold his hand.
4. His big brother is playing a toy that he all of a sudden wants to play with.
5. His big brother is looking at him.
6. His baby sister is crying.
7. His baby sister spit up.
8. I won't let him use Eva as a drum. Or a step stool.
9. I won't let him feed his baby sister Chex cereal. Or his glass of milk.
10. I won't let him ride in his baby sister's car seat.
11. He needs to blow his nose.
12. He forgot that he knows how to get down from his bed, and he thinks he is stuck up there.
13. He is done playing outside in the dirt. DONE.
14. He unfastened his diaper and it fell down his pants leg.
15. I won't let him go hug the sick baby across the waiting room at the doctor's office.
16. We flushed our dead goldfish down the toilet.
17. I won't let him hold our alive goldfish.
18. I won't allow him color my nightstand with a yellow highlighter.
19. I won't allow him to color our white chair with a black pen.
20. I won't let him eat crayons. (SO. MANY. RULES.)
21. I pull his hands out of his dirty diaper.
22. The train going by is scary.
23. The vacuum cleaner turned in his direction.
24. The last little kid picked up on The Polar Express almost misses getting on the train. (This makes him scream every time.)
25. He wants to pee on a tree outside like his big brother, but nothing comes out.
Does your toddler cry over random things? I'd love to hear your stories in the comment section below!